We offer emergency medicine & critical care during office hours:
Monday-Friday: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
If you have a medical emergency, call us at 303.693.6484, and our staff will determine if you should bring your pet in or if we should refer you to an emergency specialist. If your pet needs critical care that’s not life-threatening but you feel you need to see one of our veterinarians earlier than when you can schedule an appointment, call us; we’ll squeeze you in as quickly as we can. We also offer a list of Aurora & metro Denver emergency vet clinics that are open 24/7.
Typical scenarios that constitute an emergency include, but are not limited to:
- Trouble breathing
- A serious cut or broken bone
- Violent vomiting
- Bloated, distended abdomen
- Ingestion of a foreign body or toxic substance
- Unable to urinate or defecate
- Unable to walk
- Unable to open an eye
- Injury from a fall or being hit by a car
- A pregnant pet experiencing hard labor (more than 30 minutes to birth puppies or kittens)
If your pet is experiencing a medical emergency, call Mile High Animal Hospital of Aurora during office hours, and we’ll advise you on where to take your pet, once we know more about the circumstances. For after-hours emergencies, access our list of 24/7 emergency vet clinics.